Gaia Pisauro & Leandro Furlan
13347 Berlin – Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 174 54 11 067
Owner information also applies to the Facebook page http://facebook.com/leandroygaia
All texts are © Gaia and Leandro and may not be used elsewhere without our permission!
Cover photos “about us” and “tango trips” © Harald Keller. Other cover photos © Ishka Michocka. Photo Gaia on the “about” page © Kathleen F Rays.
Photographs may not be downloaded and used elsewhere without the photographer’s consent and permission.
Privacy and Data Protection
Here is if and how we use your personal data in the following cases:
- When: you contact us by email, phone, or through other communication channels
- Data used: your contact information (email address, phone number, your name)
- Why we use it: to respond to information requests, to fulfil a contract with you, or to take steps at your request prior to us entering into a contract (GDPR art. 6 section 1b)
Visiting our website
- When: every time you visit our website
- Data used: your IP address, usage data (e.g. pages visited, time of visit, errors, browser used). We do not use any cookies but embedded services like Youtube and Vimeo videos might (see next section).
- 3rd party access: Our web host domainfactory GmbH collects your data for us (see DF data processing agreement).
- Why we use it: We keep server logs for seven days for security reasons, to protect ourselves in the event of hacking or denial-of-service attacks, and to analyse website errors and malfunctions (GDPR art. 6 section 1f)
Viewing videos on our website
- When: Every time you open a page containing videos on our website, e.g. the front page, the “shows” page, or our “contact” page.
- Data used: your IP address, usage data (browser/OS, videos watched). Youtube and Vimeo may also save cookies or web beacons to your browser to track your activities, and to link usage data to your respective accounts on their platforms, if you are logged in.
- How to prevent tracking: If you are using a browser with enhanced tracking protection, please enable it (at the time of publication the latest versions of Safari and Firefox offer this). With Vimeo you can opt out of all videos not required to render their services. You can also disallow third-party cookies in your browser or reject cookies from specific sites. Please consult your browser manual or online help to learn how to do this.
- 3rd party access: Google Ireland Limited is responsible for collecting data on Youtube videos. Google is certified by Privacy Shield. Vimeo collects your data for their own videos and is also Privacy Shield certified.
- Why we use it: to inform you about our services and offers in an efficient and appropriate way (GDPR art. 6 section 1f)
Email Newsletter Subscriptions
- When: every time we send you our newsletter
- Data used: your email address, your email reading status (whether an email was opened and if so, what links were clicked on). You can revoke your subscription any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in every newletter or by contacting us.
- 3rd party access: We use Mailchimp to automate email marketing. Mailchimp is certified by Privacy Shield and processes your data according to its privacy regulations.
- Why we use it: to send offers and information to our customers (GDPR art. 6 section 1f) and to other persons having requested these by subscribing to our newsletter (GDPR art 6. section 1a). We analyse opening and click-through rates to improve newsletter design and content. We reserve the right to save your email address for three years even after you have unsubscribed as evidence of a former legitimate data-processing contract. If we blacklist your email address for spamming or other malicious actions, we reserve the right to keep it for as long as we need to protect our service from these actions.
Displaying google fonts
- When: once per day and browser, if you access our website
- Data used: Google uses access data (e.g. IP address, referrer url) solely for the purpose of providing the requested fonts and analysing font popularity. No personal authentication data is passed on, even when you are logged into your google account with your browser.
- 3rd party access: google fonts are provided by Google Ireland Limited. Access to logged data is kept secure. Google is certified by Privacy Shield.
- Why we use it: To provide you with a pleasant and user-friendly experience browsing our website that is efficient and secure (GDPR art. 6 section 1f)